Here’s a new and (possibly) cool feature regarding the blog: there are now code examples to be checked out and tried that you can download from Github.
The code location is: https://github.com/iamalittletester/learning-project.
Here are some details and how to run the test project:
– Project is Maven based, so you need to have Maven installed on your computer.
– The project needs to be run with Java 8.
– Project uses: TestNG for the assertions, Selenium 3, Chrome to run the tests (so you need to have Chrome installed on your computer).
– The project can be run on Win, Linux, OsX.
– After downloading the code, before running any test, the following Maven clean install command needs to be run on the root folder of the example project: mvn clean install. This must result in a ‘Build Success’ output.
– All test examples will be grouped in packages, in src/test/java. For example, the first code example has the tests in the following location: src/test/java/seOO/example1. The non-test code parts are found in src/main/java (the PageObjects and other helper classes).
– Running a test is done as you would run any TestNG test: Run As –> TestNG test.
Code examples will be uploaded to the GitHub project for easier understanding.